CYCLING IN THE CITY AT GREEN SQUARE
Date: Sunday 31st March and Sunday 28th April 2019
Time: 9:00am to 1:00pm
Location: The Social Corner, 30 Ebsworth Street, Zetland 2017
Registrations are required: Click here to register
The course is designed to develop the skills and confidence required to be an effective bike rider in Sydney. The course is intended for adults and children over the age of 12. Children under the age of 18 require an adult supervisor at all times.
The following topics will be covered:
- Classroom: rights and responsibilities, route planning, traffic and positioning theory.
- Off-street: control skills and practice.
- Group riding: cycling in regular traffic between drill sites establishes sensible (effective & considerate) positioning as well as showcasing the benefits of good route selection.
- On-Street: individual drills of typical scenarios faced by bike riders.
What To Bring:
- A bike in good working order (instructors will assess your bike’s road-worthiness and may exclude you from the course if they feel your bike is unsafe)
- A helmet
- Sun screen